Dr. Sumita Agrawal
Consultant - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Dr. Sumita Agrawal specializes in Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine. She's an expert in diseases like COPD, Asthma, ILD, occupational lung diseases like Silicosis, Sleep apnea, lung cancer, pneumonia, pleural disorders, Tuberculosis. She performs procedures like bronchoscopy, EBUS, thoracoscopy, intercostal drainage, and sleep studies and has been trained at in the United Kingdom and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi with many publications to her credit. Patients with symptoms like breathlessness (dama), cough, blood in cough, lung cancer, TB, fluid in the lungs often consult her.
MBBS - Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India - 2001-2006
MD (Medicine) - Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India - 2008-2011
MRCP(UK) - Royal College of Physicians, UK - April 2013
DM (Pulmonary & Critical Care) - Vardhaman Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India - 2015-2018
FSM (Fellowship in Sleep Medicine) - Indian Sleep Disorders Association - April 2019
COPD, Asthma, Interstitial Lung Diseases, Bronchoscopy and EBVS Sleep Medicine.
Medipulse, E-4, MIA, Basni-II, Jodhpur - 342005 (Raj.)
Memberships & Certifications
Member of Royal Collage of Physicians (UK)
Member of European Respiratory Society
Member of Indian Chest Society.
Member of Indian Sleep Disorder Association.
Assistant Professor- General Medicine at Grant Medical College: August 2011- February 2013
Senior Resident - General Medicine at Grant Medical College: March 2013-August 2014
Senior Clinical Fellow-Intensive Care Medicine at Manchester Royal Infirmary (UK): October 2014- July 2015
DM resident at Vardhaman Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital: August 2015 to July 2018
Research and Experience
1. Agrawal SP, Ish P, Goel AD, Gupta N, Chakrabarti S, Bhattacharya D, Sen MK, Suri JC. Diagnostic utility of endobronchial ultrasound features in differentiating malignant and benign lymph nodes. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis. 2018 Jun 25; 88(2): 928. doi: 10.4081/monaldi.2018.928. PubMed PMID: 29936788.
2. Goel AD, Akarte SV, Agrawal SP, Yadav V. Longitudinal assessment of depression, stress, and burnout in medical students. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2016 Oct-Dec;7(4):493-498. PMCID: PMC5006458.
3. Agrawal SP, Goel AD. Prone position ventilation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: An overview of the evidences. Indian J Anaesth. 2015 Apr;59(4):246-8. doi: 10.4103/0019-5049.155004.
4. Agrawal S, Deshpande A. A unique presentation of multiple myeloma in an HIV patient. Indian J Med Res. 2013 Apr;137(4):815-6. PMCID: PMC3724269.
5. Agrawal S, Bharti V, Jain MN, Purkar PD, Verma A, Deshpande AK. Sjogren's syndrome presenting with hypokalemic periodic paralysis. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012 Jul;60:55-6. PubMed PMID: 23405545
6. Hemant R Gupta HR, Agrawal S, Mangaonkar AA, Bera B, Gholape, DB. An unusual case of Central Diabetes Insipidus (CDI) associated with Hyponatremia and Periventricular Ischemia. Asian Journal of Health and Medical Sciences; vol.1(1):45-477.
Ankur Sharma, Akhil Dhanesh Goel, Prem Prakash Sharma, Varuna Vyas, Sumita Pravesh Agrawal.The Effect of Transversus Abdominis Plane Block for Analgesia in Patients undergoing Liver Transplantation: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Turkish Journal of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation. Accepted for publication.
8. Nitesh Gupta, Mahendran AJ, Shibdas Chakrabati, Sumita Agrawal. Air Outside the Airways: An Unusual Complication of Asthma!- case report. Advances in Respiratory Medicine. Accepted for publication.
1. Designed and complied mobile app on Trials in Respiratory diseases called: “Chestpost”